chickens, turkeys, ducks, oh my...!

nvmycj

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 3, 2010
Hi gang!

When I get my turkeys and duckies, do they need to have separate sleeping arrangements, ie,...different coops. Will the turkey fit in the pop door?

Thanks!

Matej

wjallen05

Songster
11 Years
Apr 8, 2008
North Georgia
I've always just had chickens, but when I placed my order of spring chicks, I added ducks and guineas. We also have one turkey that we hatched out (only one of 12 that hatched). Currently I house the chicks, guineas, and turkey together. The turkey is like the ugly duckling. But they all get along great. I did have to separate the ducks, because they are so MESSY. They also grow about 10x faster and are HUGE in comparison. I have them in a large pin and have a big water dish for them to play in. I am not sure what I'll do with the turkey but I will have the ducks, chickens, and guineas seperated once out of the brooder. Oh and I feed them Flock Raiser or Grower or whatever. Not sure if I was any help or not.

Last edited:

Little Barnyard

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 1, 2009
well i have free range chickens and chickens in coops and ducks in a pen and the ducks fly out of there pen and get with the free range chickens and they don't fight but when the ducks are in the pen the roosters that free range chase each other

FF

Songster
10 Years
Jan 9, 2010
Tennessee
I believe you have to keep your turkeys seperate. But the ducks let em go. They will either bond or split up. They will rarely fight from my experince. Good luck

Top Bottom