Chickens turn into raptors with the

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by BethieofVA, Nov 27, 2010.

1. BethieofVA

BethieofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia
    turkey carcass!! I sure hope I don't ever pass out in the run!!! It is so funny to watch though.[​IMG]

2. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Holy COW you aren't kidding!! Mine were gobbling that turkey like they were starving! [​IMG]

3. Mak

Mak Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    Yep, mine, too! Turkey carcass pieces, the couple spoons of stuffing that wasn't enough to save, some mashed potatoes, a little cranberry- they had their own Thanksgiving meal! And they thoroughly enjoyed every bite! It was hysterical watching one try to run off with the bigger pieces of the carcass!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  4. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Mine got the body of the turkey carcass this year. They worked on it all afternoon then lost interest. I threw it out of the yard into the pasture where I figured the coons or possums would drag it off.

Nope, nothing left on it to even interest a possum. Them bones, them bones, them rattlin' bones.

5. BethieofVA

BethieofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia
    I think mine has picked clean now. I guess I better fish it out and toss it into the woods. They had some fresh collards and cranberries as side dishes. LOL!

6. Frannabelle

Frannabelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2009
    MI
    My flock is on day 3 of the carcass. They're bantams, so they are not going through it as fast as standards. Tomorrow is garbage day, so this is the last day. I've been bagging the carcass in a garbage bag and keeping it in my shed (it's been in the high 20's here in MI)

my neighbor couldn't believe I actually was feeding my chickens a turkey carcass, and was even more grossed out when I told they even prefer chicken!

7. Mak

Mak Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    I pulled the bones out of the run today. Picked so clean you'd think they'd been washed! LOL

8. jomoncon

jomoncon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    While watching my chickens destroy a turkey carcass, I had the thought:

Good things chickens don't grow to be 50 pounds, or we'd all be in trouble.

9. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Velociraptors!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by