Chickens wanted in ILLINOIS

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Stormy, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Stormy

Stormy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2008
    South Carolina
    I am in the central area of Illinois. Would like to purchase 12-15 chickens. If you have them available, please let me know the breed as well as the price.

Thank you

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Sorry I dont have any for sale but hope to have some in the fall. Mostly Welsummers I will be getting. And more Spitzhaubens.

3. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

How far are you willing to drive? As far as south of Harrisburg?

4. Buckhunter

Buckhunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    may have 8 or 10 for sale ............... ordered 25 ........ welsummer, cuckoo maran , golden comet , gold laced wyandotte,silver laced wyandotte ............. I didnt really need 25 but that was the minimum order .................. we've had them since thursday morn ... they are still very small

Vandalia area

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  5. Stormy

Stormy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2008
    South Carolina
    Thank you both for replying...Vandalia is 194 miles and Harrisburg is over 300 miles....I am in the Knox county, Galesburg area. Would like to find something a bit more local due to the cost of gas.
    I may just do what you did, and bight the bullet-buying the minimal 25 via regular mail. Thank you both though for taking the time to reply to my request.

6. laurielynn67

laurielynn67 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    Bryant, Ia
    i have cochin chicks for sale $3 each blue, black and splash. We live by Clinton Iowa about an hour north of you.

laurie

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    I'm your neighbor, but really dont have any body to part with except maybe some mutts. I live in henderson co just west of you.

8. hdchic

hdchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    IL
    I'm in Hancock County, not too far, and we just ordered 25 Barred Rock hens. I had to do what you did and bite the bullet on ordering...I also go to the Burlington IA swap meet and get young hens ready to lay. Just an idea for you.. I know, the price of gas has me sitting at home!! Maybe sometime in the future we could get together for a swap or something. Its good to know there are people closer than I thought!! lol

9. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Where abouts in hancock, hdchic?

10. momof3

momof3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Iowa
    Stormy I have one year old laying hens. I live just ten minutes from Davenports Farm and Fleet. Right now I have six seperated. They are a columbian wyandotte (mcmurray), speckled sussex(sandhill), red sex link(cackle), new hampshire(mcmurray) and I get think what the others are. I do have some americuanas from Cackle that should start laying in late July or sometime in August(only about 5 I would part with). I also have two roosers, a beautiful white langshan named Whitey(whiteys ice cream) and a red sex link rooster that was suppose to be a hen. Let me know if your interested.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by