CHICKENS WANTED IN SOUTHERN IL...

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by flock_4_2, Sep 25, 2008.

1. flock_4_2

flock_4_2 Out Of The Brooder

Hi. i have been selling and re-stocking my chickens and am wanting to buy some more.
    would like aracauna (or ameracauna) for sure. already have a few rhode islands, new hampshires, golded comet, so pretty much anything other than what i got. i really am not interested in any show type birds. we have them for layers and meat. i am interested in any type of meat chickens too. thanks.

2. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Can you give me a 'whereabouts'?

I'm between Marshall Illinois and Terre Haute Indiana

3. flock_4_2

I live in Dongola,Il which is around fourty five minutes from Marion,Il and around thirty five from Carbondale,Il. does that help? i am not sure exactly where marshall is...

4. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

According to Google we are 196 miles apart.

I reckon you will be able to find chickens a little closer than that [​IMG]

5. turtle1173

turtle1173 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    SE Missouri
    Hi Flock,

Wow, we are only 63 miles apart (according to mapquest). I live in SE Missouri.

I don't have anything to sell (unless it's some mixed eggs) but I wanted to say "welcome" since we aren't too far apart.

Shane

6. flock_4_2

thanks. i drive to southeast missouri every 2nd sunday to fruitland for a swap meet there. last one this year is octobers. [​IMG] so i drive about an hour one way to buy chickens. crazy?! haha. i sure enjoy them though. thanks for reply!

7. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

I have some mutts and some assorted cockerels.

I'm about 60 miles from you.

8. flock_4_2

whereabout are you located and what exactly ya got and what it take for you to part with them??

9. turtle1173

turtle1173 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    SE Missouri
    Flock, tell me a little about the swap in Fruitland. What kind of chicks/ chickens do they usually have? Decent quality? Big selection or just a few? How hard is the location to find?

Thanks,
    Shane

10. flock_4_2

its pretty good. the closest one i can find to me. it have bought quite a few birds. most of the time there is a good selection and number of birds. i have bought some there. last sale i took around twenty to sell. sold every one of them. there are a couple that breed ameracaunas(aracaunas) and always have chicks and pullets and then you have alot of small chickens like different types of bannies. i always have a good time and look forward to it all month. it is located at the jackson/fruitland exit and is off the exit about two miles so not too hard to find.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by