Chickens wanted! (Warrior, AL)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by zmcdad, Jun 21, 2008.

1. zmcdad

zmcdad Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2008
    Corner, AL
    First time chicken owner, looking for some good layers. Ameracaunas, RIR, Marans, Orpingtons, etc. We're not picky. I finished the coop two weeks ago, have got feed, plenty of room to range and lots of bugs!

I live north of Birmingham and would be willing to drive an hour or so to pick up. Prefer birds that have feathered out, but willing to entertain any offers.

Was going to get some game chickens for free, but that has not panned out. Would like 8-10 pullets and will take a rooster or two if need be to complete the transaction.

Love this site...have been lurking for a long time and am very pleased with all the info and advice.

Thank you in advance!

Ben

2. Yotta Yotta

Yotta Yotta Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2008
    Madison AL
    Unfortunately all I got are roosters but if you decide you want an Austrolorp or Bantam Cochin Roo keep me in mind.

3. froggy

froggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    I live in tennessee west of nashville I have lots of pullets and a few rooster i want to sell not sure if it is to far for you to drive but will take 5 for 3 month olds and 3.5 for smaller ones .if you would like to talk concact me ok.Lisa

4. zmcdad

zmcdad Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2008
    Corner, AL
    Thank you both for the offers. Would like to keep the distance down due to gas prices, but if nothing else pans out, I will contact you.

I've heard that there is an auction in Hanceville every Saturday at a place called Noah's Ark. Anyone else heard of it?

ZmcDad

5. cherokeechicken

cherokeechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    anchorage,alaska
    you can also try mountian top flea market on hwy 278 between cullman and gadsden ..it takes place every sunday from sun up till about 2 p.m...... also try lacon it is up I65 close to vinemont it is every sat and sunday.... good luck..

6. PearlD

PearlD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    I am in Florence, and I have several chicks. They are different ages and they are mixed RIR and Black Austrolorp hens with a Houdan X roo. They have a great variety of color, and should be good egg layers. Their mommas are anyway!
    Two are feathered out, and the rest are 2-4 weeks old. They are out of the brooder and in a "nursery" pen outside. You are welcome to any and all you want. There are 9-10 I think. FREE!!!! Just come get them......[​IMG]

Email me and I will send you some pics before you decide...

[email protected]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by