Chickens were sick,stopped laying,now they're better,still no eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by aem2012, Sep 30, 2012.

1. aem2012

aem2012 New Egg

Jul 27, 2012
    It's been a crazy week. Last Sunday I noticed that three of my five RIR were "gurgly", blowing snot bubbles, and sneezing. We got some medicated feed and Sav-A-Chick for their water and I am so glad to say that all the girls are back to normal-except, they still aren't laying. I moved my reds to the barn for the week and kept my two Cochins and my Wyandotte in the coop after cleaning it well. The reds didn't lay all week but I figured it was due to new surroundings and stress and being sick. We put them back in the coop Saturday night. When should I expect the girls to start laying again? Help!

2. OnewChook

OnewChook Chillin' With My Peeps

Just leave them to settle for a bit. It may take a few weeks for them to get back on track. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. aem2012

aem2012 New Egg

Jul 27, 2012
    A few weeks have passed and 7 of my 8 are back to normal. I've got eggs everyday again. BUT...there is one RIR, Rosie, that just can't seem to shake whatever it is. She has this bark (sounds like an old lady cough I've been saying) What could possibly linger this long?? I've got her separated and she has better days and then days like today when I wonder if I should just cull her. :/ She's one of my first five though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by