chickens with snow

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bugs16, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Bugs16

Bugs16 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2016
    my chicken seem to not care much for the snow but still play in it :)

2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

You might want to spread a bit of straw down outside their coop so they have something a little warmer to stand on. But if they're going outside and getting some fresh air, it sounds like they are doing fine.

It's nice to have you join us!

3. Bugs16

Bugs16 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2016
    The bottom of the pen is covered in leaves a lot of bedding in the coop. They only go outside to check out what's new. Then sometimes they with jump in the snow and flap their wings.I have shoveled a large spot out so that they can walk around without getting covered in snow. Usually they won't go in the snow but other times they play. They are fun to watch so many different personalies.

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Welcome to BYC!

Chickens are so much fun to watch. Different personalities for sure..each one.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Great to have you with us! Chickens do indeed differ. Some of mine don't seem to mind the snow all that much (as long as the temps aren't too cold outside) while others hate it and others seems afraid of it! Different personalities, I guess. Best wishes!

7. gholmomma

gholmomma Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2017
    Missouri
    My daughters like to put out hay/straw circles for the birds...mostly to watch them hop from one circle to the next. Birds seem to enjoy the excercise.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by