Chickens Within Catholicism? The Place of the Rural in Human Nature ..

chickybobby

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 31, 2014
AZ
Hi, I have made this thread specifically aimed towards Catholics but of course open to those of any denomination or religion. Most Catholics and Protestants are familiar with ideas on Stewardship for creation and Aristotle's classifying of the souls ( Rational, Perceptive/Locomotive, and Nutritive). What is asked here is the more specific role we as humans are to play with animals in regards to If Through Grace and Human Interaction, if Animals can gain Immortal souls. In the same way that When the head is bestowed with a blessing the foot also receives the fruit, in the same way can beasts recieve immortal souls? Or if we are made specifically for the farm life, and the rural life is inherently nutrient to the family and a likeness to God? If we act too much like our pets are like humans and either confuse irrational acts as rational and thus familiarize beasts to our liking or if when raising them we use the same power to raise children that we use with them? Any questions regarding Animals, distributism, plants, nature, etc are welcome. Intellectuals if any kind are welcome.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Chicky Bobby. :woot

Last edited:
Thanks for the links, I appreciate a response! I've read Catholic Answers and for my taste I find them slightly circular in their logic but I rather I was looking for other Catholics , or intellectuals, Opinions on the relation between Man And Beast, Our Relation to the Land, and God acting through the Land. Things which can be answered perchance through the General phrase Stewardship but are more implicit!
Thanks to All,
Mariusz
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Last edited:
Thanks for the links, I appreciate a response! I've read Catholic Answers and for my taste I find them slightly circular in their logic but I rather I was looking for other Catholics , or intellectuals, Opinions on the relation between Man And Beast, Our Relation to the Land, and God acting through the Land. Things which can be answered perchance through the General phrase Stewardship but are more implicit!
Thanks to All,
Mariusz
Ad Astra Per Aspera
I agree with the Apologetics Press in regard to this question. You can read their article on it at http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=11&article=582.

Yes I would agree that Animals do not hold immortal souls by nature.
Of course, Animals and Plants have locomotive and nutritive souls respectively, in that those are the form that directs their matter, And the rational soul holds both of the souls' powers within it. So it may seem as if
1. If the Incarnation Of Christ has heightened human nature
2. Human Nature includes the powers of all souls
3. Incarnation heightened all.
So in heightening Humans, he rose up all that was included within them. By this I think that by blessing the head ,one might say, he blesses the rest of the body. So that animals could enjoy the pleasures of being with us.

Anyone from the New Catholic Land Movement, or anyone with such ideas? I would love to hear an elaboration on distributist, family-oriented Catholic ideas. :D

SHARE EXPERIENCES OF LIVING WITH CHICKENS, FARM , ETC.
Please post any ideas on man's relation to the farm, man's relation to animals and how perchance it has strengthened or weakened your capacities as family members, if raising animals makes you better, etc?

Back
Top Bottom