chickens

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by westonloveschickens, Jun 26, 2010.

1. westonloveschickens

westonloveschickens Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2010
    i dont have chickens but i really want them my freind has some and shes raising chicks there cute and not so cuddley they scream every time you pick them up but she has this one named coco puff and every time she sees you she trys to hop in your lap shes very awesome i will steal her ... some day

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Hope she lets you steal it ... [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I have a two or three month old chick, and if I sit down she will come running from the other side of the yard and fly into my lap and go to sleep and cuddle with me! She's an angel! [​IMG]

3. westonloveschickens

Jun 26, 2010
    i know i hope she lets me steal it too
    awwwww she sounds awesome [​IMG]

4. pennie1

pennie1 Redneck Silkie

Aug 17, 2009
    Hiles
    I had a rooster that I raised by hand. He was (notice "WAS") a darling the first year. Knew his name and wherever he was in the yard, when you called him he would come running - bringing his girls with him. They would all jump up on your shoulders and in your lap. Second year - late in summer - he became soup. He wasn't that cute boy anymore. It was like that movie 'Old Yeller". You had to have a hat or a stick with you and you NEVER turned your back on him.[​IMG]

5. westonloveschickens

Jun 26, 2010
    thats sad poor roo but you gotta do what you gotta do right

6. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle
    Quote:Chickens are social birds. They don't like to be alone. Steal a couple of others to keep her company.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by