chickens

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chickenshark, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Chickenshark

Chickenshark Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2010
    Some Ocean
    Is it true that chickens like watching TV [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  2. dparadise

dparadise Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2010
    southwest Florida
    better than TV! The things that they can get into and out of are pretty awesome. My flock free ranges all day and regularly come to the door if they haven't seen anyone outside for awhile. Today they've decided that they want to lay in my storage trailer and it's fun watching them try and find a way inside. They actually broke the screen on the sliding glass door to gain entry, I guess I should have been watching them a bit closer ;(

3. caralynnp

caralynnp Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2010
    Louisville
    I agree it is better than watching TV! And I think it is a much better stress reliever than watching a TV program [​IMG]

4. palochknldy

palochknldy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Palo, Iowa
    Since getting our chickens, alot of stuff around the house isn't getting done. We spent most of our evenings watching them. Very relaxing and they are such funny creatures! They are so curious and freaky at the same time. Our neighbors laugh at us for just sitting there watching them, but alot of the time they are sitting with us.

5. Chickenshark

Aug 20, 2010
    Some Ocean
    Um I don't mean to be rude but I asked if it was true that chickens like watching TV?.

6. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Oh no!!! I'm not getting my chickens a TV. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

7. PetRock

PetRock Overrun With Chickens

Apr 28, 2010
    SF Bay Area, CA
    When she was younger, our Barred Rock (named Pet Rock) used to sit on my lap and watch Dancing with the Stars! She seemed to enjoy it! She hasn't been in to watch with us since she grew so large and we finished the coop/run. Now it is on after dark but maybe I'll have to DVR it and bring her in for some one on one time. [​IMG]

8. Chickenshark

Aug 20, 2010
    Some Ocean
    Thank's everyone! O and PetRock here is a story for you: When we had our first batch of chicks (in the house). We had been watching a show about Chickens and one of the roosters made that noise a chicken makes when a hawk is close and all the chicks stoped peeping. well thats it. I thought you posted a [​IMG]

9. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    Quote:I could use this as a illustration of the kind of intelligence it takes to watch reality TV, but I wont. [​IMG][​IMG]

10. PetRock

PetRock Overrun With Chickens

Apr 28, 2010
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Quote:I could use this as a illustration of the kind of intelligence it takes to watch reality TV, but I wont. [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by