ChickenSketch! (other birds too)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by HorseFeathers, Nov 24, 2008.

1. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    You might know about my ChickenSketches if you hang out in Online Poultry Show! If not, here's the deal:

Send me a picture of the chicken (or other bird). I'll do a painting/drawing in any media requested. I'll add scripture, words, whatever upon request. Details are yours!

I'm open to anything, especially trades. PM me or post here! BTW, totally not a serious seller about this. Trades for crafts you do are awesome!

Examples:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. burntumber

burntumber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    Pretty! I love gouldian finches. I'd love to have a huge, exquisite aviary where I could put a handful of gouldians. They're like rainbows with wings. *wistful sigh* [​IMG]

Hey, have you tried doing customized X-mas tree ornaments? I get those glass ball ornaments that come in a big box and an assortment of colors- and use either canvas quality acrylics or oils (but they take forever to dry)- usually portraits of a pet, with name and date. Everyone loves a custom ornament! [​IMG] I don't have time to do them this year, but always had good luck with them in the past. [​IMG]

Good luck!

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Those drawings capture the general character of each bird. Nice job.

When I was in high school, I wasn't at all popular, so I would hang out in the library by myself and sketch ducks and songbirds using a big bird reference book as a guide. I still have those drawings. They're the best I've ever done.

Save your drawings!

4. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    I was the lucky recipient of the handsome silver phoenix sketch. thanks!!

5. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    When I was in high school, I wasn't at all popular, so I would hang out in the library by myself and sketch ducks and songbirds using a big bird reference book as a guide.

I didn't have time for drawing in high school - I was too popular.
    Unfortunately, I didn't have time for studying either.

Justifiably, my popularity has waned every year since. [​IMG]

Anyway, nice job on the sketches, Envirogirl. I am envious of anyone with drawing talent.

.​

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  6. priszilla

priszilla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    easley sc
    Do you do dogs?

7. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Beautiful Pictures Envirogirl I still love my egg carton label the best it has done very well and I am almost out of the 100 I printed ! Burntumber The whole aviary thing is overrated I bred gouldians, owl finches, parrot finches, society finches, zebra finches, black headed nuns, red cheeked weavers, diamond doves, and button quail. It took me four hours a day to care and prepare all of the separate feed for the different breeds and the main aviary and breeder cages. I was sucesful at breeding and loved it but once school started to become harder I had to give them up and switched my interest to farming! I do miss the colors of the Gouldians I had both yellow backed and all three head colors also with some purble white and lilac breasted morphs.

Henry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by