chickenstock at Milford nh tractor supply

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Mamabird25, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Mamabird25

Mamabird25 New Egg

Sep 12, 2008
    I'm hoping to buy baby chicks for us to raise so I wanted to be sure that people would be at this location on sept. 14 and that there would be chicks available..... the dates on the post got me confused and we will be driving almost 2 hours to get there , I didn't want my kiddos to be disappointed. OR if any one know any place closer to Newburyport Ma to get some chicks I would love to hear about that too. Just not online because we are joping to start a smaller flock about 8 birds.
    Thanks so much : )

2. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Mamabird
    I dont know if you made it to Milford for the Chicken Stock, but you CAN order a small amount of day old chicks online.
    Ideal Poultry goes by the $ amount($20) of the entire purchase. Not a min order of chicks(25 usually)
    When I ordered from them I got 3 Buff Orps and a Black Cochin. I added grow gel and a $17 t shirt and it put me over their dollar minimum.

All chicks arrived healthy and happy. T shirt was tucked under the chicks "bedding material" and was clean and dry. I dont know what they have available this time of the year though. But you might also want to check out your local Craigslist or Freecycle

I will more than likely be placing another "small" order from Ideal come spring, if I cant find what I am after before the snow flies. But I am also planning on heading to the poultry event in Springfield come January

3. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Mambird,
    The milford swap was sept 14th,already gone by.If you contact Chickn on this site she raises all kinds of bantams in Seabrook.The next swap is the NAS meeting in Westford Ma Oct 5th and then Oct 12th in Deerfield N.H.I believe both start at 8:00 am.
    In N.H.,Tony.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by