Chickenstock Berlin, NH?

spook

Songster
11 Years
Apr 21, 2008
North Central Florida
Hi guys from Northern New Hampshire (if there are any!!!) I just located a Tractor Supply Company in Berlin! We live in Maine, approx 1 hour from Gorham/Berlin and if there are enough folks up in the area, I would not mind giving you a hand getting a Chickenstock going in that area.
I also have friends in that area that could help pull together crafts and even a spring yard sale to go along with a chicken event.
Lets see who's interested and what type of responses we get prior to talking with either store (Kaiboo or TSC).

I was up that way just 3 weeks ago and it looked like it was open but it was not. So next time I am up that way in Dec. I will have to stop.

Well, I'm not certain its open or not. It seems whenever I go up its to go to Kaiboo, a store friends of mine own. It doesn't seem to be many chicken people from up that way! Approx how far are you away from Berlin? Also, if you would like to have one someplace else in upper NH I'd be glad to help you out. Thanks for your reply!

Quote:
They may be there, just need something to draw them out.
A chicken stock in berlin would be an excellent idea.
It would be a bit of a hike for me to travel up there to set one up but am willing to offer any help frm here I can.

I would definately travel to Berlin for a swap . I really enjoy them.

Spook,
Is the Northland Dairy Bar still in Berlin? They had the best homemade ice cream. If they're still around, I'd come to Berlin for a Chickenstock AND a meal of fried clams and hot fudge brownie sundae.
smile.png

LOL, yes Northland Dairy is still there, although a few years ago they had a fire, burned down and they have rebuilt. Its a nice place, you can still walk in with regular clothes but its so sharp looking.
Well, I do have a parking lot and friends that own a business in Berlin, NH so if there is enough interest in NH I don't mind setting a date or time. I'll actually put up a sign at the Kaiboo store in Berlin, NH.
April would be a good time, maybe the end of april...?

Good to know that the Northlands Dairy is still alive and well in spite of the fire. Glad they rebuilt and did it up fancy! As long as the ice cream and fried clams are still as good as always.
smile.png

Well, I have heard more on the go for a Berlin, NH Chickenstock. I understand one person is fighting city hall so to own chickens. And then there is another fella that wants to add to his flock. So with those 2, perhaps more would be interested if they learn what it means. I am headed up to Berlin in a matter of weeks, I'll talk more in depth about an upcoming event.
I was in N.Conway today and you talk about Wind and Cooooold temps, it was brutal!
old.gif
I even had pity for the crows!

Back
Top Bottom