Chickenstock was yesterday, we got new birds! Pics!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chicken_china_mom, Aug 8, 2010.

1. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I still have A LOT of birds to rehome (looks like a trip to the local auction might be in order), but we had birds lined up to buy, and some we just saw and HAD to have, lol. So here is what we came home with:

My new Blue Silkie chick, hoping it's a pullet! I named her Abby:
    [​IMG]

6 of our 7 new ducklings. The brown ones are Cayugas and Cayuga/Runner mixes. The hiding yellow one is a Swedish mix. We also got a little Call duckling:
    [​IMG]

On the left is Freedom, my older daughter's D'Anver pullet On the right is my younger daughter's Buff Laced Polish hen, Buffy. Buffy is a little skittish, but she's a good girl. And she's sooooooo pretty:
    [​IMG]

In the front is Girdy, the chicken that was the escape artist of the day. Attack Chicken caught her, but ended up giving her to my older daughter, and my daughter adores her. As I type this, she's sitting on my shoulder. In the back is her Serama trio. There's a hen hiding behind the roo. All 3 are black. They're beautiful but skittish. My daughter is already working with them trying to get them used to her. The roo will get closer to her, but won't take food from her hand just yet. It's a work in progress, but she's excited about having them:
    [​IMG]

I also got a White Orpington chick, but I'll take a picture of it later. We're very happy with our birds. Now, does anyone want Bantam Cochins? I have them coming out my ears! Lol! [​IMG]

2. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    those are some beutiful birds,cograts. we are hoping Abby is a pullet with you. [​IMG]

3. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Thank you. I keep thinking good pullet thoughts, cause I want her to be a pullet WAY more than I want her to be a roo. She's so pretty and so soft too. She's a sweetheart too. I just love her to pieces.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Nice birds.

5. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    WOW- what a haul! Congrats!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by