Chickie games

CowboysAngel

Songster
8 Years
Mar 13, 2013
Selah, Washington

So Friday was one week since hubby brought the girls home all fluffy and featherless....

Found out I have 1 light Brahma, 3 New Hampshire Reds, and 5 silverlaced wyondotte...

Last night they were practicing sycronized napping... Then leaping up to go eat again...

Today they are doing relays up and down the brooder...flapping little wings, using the food trays as hurdles and then throwing in red light green light by dropping down in place mid run and pretending to nap!

Very entertaining!

Necessity is the mother of invention! If it gets too mucky I can just toss it in the compost, or use it to start seeds... Prefertalized!
1f31e.png

They are little characters at this age...the first few days it was eat, sleep, poop...now it's eat, sleep, play, sleep, eat, poop... Lol

Necessity is the mother of invention! If it gets too mucky I can just toss it in the compost, or use it to start seeds... Prefertalized!
1f31e.png

They are little characters at this age...the first few days it was eat, sleep, poop...now it's eat, sleep, play, sleep, eat, poop... Lol
lol, totally!! that's great

ikr! they are so fun :) I recently got 40 chicks and 8 ducklings (to add to my already large amount of different bird) and they are so fun!!! it's cool to see the different personalities start to emerge :)

I'm participating in the Easter hatch a long...I can't wait till they hatch! I've never been able to see the whole process...either I bought them hatched Or my hen hatched them...and it's hard to see through a chicken butt! Lol

3 weeks old tomorrow, and the girls spent there first full day outside...

At first they stayed huddled together, then they discovered the dirt...

They took dust baths, and stretched their wings...they practiced perching...they ate grass...they caught and ate their first bugs... Tonight instead of sleeping a lil, playing, eating repeat... As the Sun went down so did they...They're in the house and it's warm so I turned off their lamp today and didn't turn it back on when I brought them in...

My Dad told me today that the big chickens wouldn't tolerate them until They stopped peeping...

Its hard to believe that one day of sunshine could bring about such a change... But they are sound asleep and not making a peep!

Back
Top Bottom