Chickie Newbie!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BabyTitan06, May 3, 2016.

1. BabyTitan06

BabyTitan06 New Egg

May 3, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Hello everyone!! As you can see, I'm new to the forum. I just purchased my chicks from My Pet Chicken, I just decided to go with an assortment of female Bantams!! I am unbelievably excited, they should be at my home in a couple of weeks!

I'm married, and my husband and I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback. We are both excited to see how he will be with the chicks. He's such a lovable pup, and just naps while the neighborhood birds eat the seed in the grass, so we're confident he will act appropriately!!

I joined so I could get some ideas for a coop that I haven't already stalked on Pinterest. And a resource to making/growing my own feed, and having an organic healthy environment for the chickens.

I can't wait to get started!!

I'm also trying to pass an ordinance in my neighborhood to allow chickens as well. They are actually following the model that was passed about a year ago in Pittsburgh, and were told the process is almost done!!

2. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    :welcome
    BYC certainly is a helpful place. You'll find lots of chicken coop ideas here!

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Have you looked at the Coops database yet? There are some wonderful coop designs there.

1 person likes this.
  4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. The Coop Section and "coops and runs" forum will keep you occupied for quite a while. Good luck with the coop build.

Best wishes
    CT

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If you post on your state thread, you may get others to rally round you and help bring changes in the restrictions. The easiest way to find anything her is to use the search box.

Hope you will be able to have chickens soon. Welcome to Backyard chickens [​IMG]

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by