Chickie poop smells like cat poop (very weak baby)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Dudu, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Dudu

Dudu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Ħal Luqa, Malta
    Dear all,

My chickie (the one who is not growing - original thread here https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=552536 ) who seemed to be doing well is again VERY weak today, standing and sleeping, only drinking, pooped white liquid in the morning.

I offered her chicken crumbs made into a porridge with water, she ate some of it (crop was nearly full) and then she pooped something that was dark brown (possibly with blood?) and it smells like cat poop [​IMG]

Cocci treatment was done, what the heck can it possibly be?

I know it's a weird question but thought I'd ask in case it's a typical sypmtom of something.

I am not ready to give up on her yet cos she's still hanging in there, very weak but sleeping most of the time and does not seem to suffer. So I am posting just in case someone here knows.

Thanks,
    Irena

2. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    I'm sorry, but the outlook for your chick is not good. It is a sad fact of life that not all the babies that come into the world, of whatever species, are equipped to survive. That is just the way it is. Sometimes you can nurse the weak ones along, but in the long run it is seldom worth it. With a very few exceptions, they never seem to do well.

3. Dudu

Dudu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Ħal Luqa, Malta
    Thank you Cassie, that's what it looked like but I had hopes until the last moment.

My sweetie passed away yesterday evening.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by