Chickies' first snow :)

LauraP

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
High Rock Lake, NC
Hi everyone
frow.gif

I don't post in here much, but I just think that today my chickens were so funny seeing snow for the first time, and I got pictures to prove it and I wanted to share.
lau.gif

Here they are, considering coming down from the henhouse, only because I have the door to the run standing open, and they never miss an opportunity to get out and explore.
29758_january_2485.jpg

Here's the bravest of the them, she flew to this spot, and that's as far as she got. She only stayed there a minute.
29758_january_2515.jpg

Here's the other two girls. That's as far as either of them got.
29758_january_2535.jpg

Heading back in..
29758_january_2545.jpg

I think they're just going to wait up there until it thaws. They look funny staring at the snow like it's the plague!
29758_january_2565.jpg

Funny funny...
29758_january_2575.jpg

Yeah, I had to bribe our girls out with some scratch and still only two or three would come out in the snow. They were all just staring at the scratch like it was going to move closer any minute
gig.gif
Then while they were looking out, one got pushed out the door and oh my goodness!! You would have thought that it had fell into a boiling pot of water!! It was so funny!! Just had to share
smile.png

They look quite puzzled about all that funny white cold stuff you spread all over the place!! It doesn't even look like it tastes good!! No wonder they aren't interested in stepping out into it---bare feet and all! Very cute pics!

Back
Top Bottom