Chickies On A Crisp Winter Morn

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sheilawagner, Dec 3, 2010.

1. sheilawagner

sheilawagner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Pacific NorthWest
    Well, I shouldn't really call them chicks anymore, they range from 3 months of age up till 8 months of age. But in my eyes, they are still all my chickies..

The group shot
    [​IMG]
    Smokey, the top cockerel sounds the herald announcing that the human has brought out the morning treats.

[​IMG]
    My beautiful golden girl, she's a buff orp with no name. Our 3 buff Orps, 2 Delawares and the white rock are our older egg laying pullets. They don't look outstanding or special, but they give us jumbo eggs and we love them for that. Unfortunately, they don't stand out enough in the crowd to be given names. But we pamper and dote on them the same. They are all very sweet, docile and gentle. They get along great with my cochins and silkies.

[​IMG]
    My 3 month old blue silkie pullet

[​IMG]
    Another 3 month old red silkie pullet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Airedale Terrier Kimi and Smokey, blue Cochin Bantam

[​IMG]
    A blue silkie pullet sunbathing with outstretched wings.

We had a lovely sunny crisp winter morning today. A few more sunny days over the weekend, and then its back to sloppy Seattle rain. I'm heading to the Washington State Feather Fanciers Poultry show tomorrow, and I'm buying a few splash Cochin bantam pullets. So excited to meet my new girls.

2. Sparks

Sparks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    WI
    Love your pics. Thanks for posting. Looks like a happy yard!

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Happy chooks.

BTW, how do silkies roost? They can't fly can they?

4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Wow! what a beautiful flock you have!!! [​IMG]
    I hear you about calling them "chickies" , its like children, my toddlers (humans) will always be my "babys" lol

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Those silkies are top notch! Looks like the pup is waiting on a fresh treat!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by