Chickj that got wet

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chicks are life, May 3, 2017.

1. chicks are life

chicks are life Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2016
    North carolina
    My brother decided to give my 3 week old female white crested black polish chick a "bath"/drown her.shes shaking her head wich i understand is normal.once my mother noticed she blow dried her and put her under the ecoglow .shes eating, drinking and pooping normal.shes half wat her self,she dosent run and jump or fly as much as the other chicks when i let out the chicks for a brief exersize.

Shes now sleeping on my chest and i her a popping noise when she breathes in.
    I put suger in her water to protect her from gasping .she also keeps shifting to the left like its uncomfurtible.

What else can i do for her?

Do ypou think shes okay.

2. Folly's place

Folly's place Chicken Obsessed

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    Is she now completely dried off? She then needs to be in her warm brooder, just make sure she's eating and drinking. It sounds like she may have some water in her lungs, but you can't fix that. Good luck with her. Mary

3. chicks are life

Feb 11, 2016
    North carolina
    She got completly dried off and shes in a brooder with an ecoglow shes eating and drinkimg.

The water in her lungs was my worry also

4. chicks are life

Feb 11, 2016
    North carolina
    She is now 100% better from what she's doing she's noiw flying around like the other chicks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by