Chicklets: EEs and Silkie/EE crosses ***PIC HEAVY*** New Pics Page 2!!

Cattitude

Songster
May 6, 2010
Cat Country, west KY/TN border
July chicklets, so far:

56682_100_1405_asleep_in_piles.jpg

Fresh from the egg!
56682_100_1343_ee621firstchick.jpg

Asleep on his feet...
56682_100_1403_asleep_on_his_feet.jpg

Pretending to be dead! Such fun!
56682_100_1402_pretending_to_be_dead_.jpg

A bird in the hand...
56682_100_1393_best_sleeping_chick_in_hand.jpg

Chick crash pad
56682_100_1398_chick_crash_pad.jpg

Sweet and innocent! (aka: Devil With A Yellow Feather Boa)
56682_100_1386_sweet_innocent_chicklet.jpg

Enjoy!
lol.png

Last edited:
That last one is one of Lucky Ducks I bet. Looks just like the ones I got from her. How many did you get in all. You should name the one playing dead possum.

Just give me a call when your ready for that cockerel. He's just hanging out with the chicks.

I want more FUZZYBUTTS! What is this! Magic! Oh! I just ordered more eggs! So that means more Fuzzy butts! Yours are adorable!
love.gif

I always have a hard time with names. I once had a Spike, Little Spike and Spike Jr. I still have the first two. The JR was mixed so I took her to auction. I also have Fiona and little fiona. I have 2 more I need to name but they look like twins so I can't tell them apart. Then i've got George. My growth challenged Silkie.

I just checked the 9 remaining eggs. Five were blue, and out of these 2 were liquefied and 3 looked to have quit about the time of lockdown. Four eggs were brown, and out of these 1 was liquefied and 3 were 18th day quitters.

I have 19 healthy chicks out of 33 eggs set for a 57.6% success rate. Not as much as I had hoped, but with this awful heat and humidity it's a decent hatch. I'm glad for the babies I have and will continue to keep you posted!

56682_100_1384_eechick_cropped_small.jpg

These look a lot like the ones I hatched just a few days ago. Mine are mixes though, one could be a pure Ameraucana..the dad is a Ameraucana, the hens black stars, or Ameraucana, then I also have some cute little black ones with puffy cheeks..so cute. Wish I could post pictures..can't on here, always says mine are too big, even after sizing down? I don't have a problem sending pictures through e-mail.
Your babies are darling...aren't they fun?

Quote:
Aww how cute. Too bad they all didn't hatch. You got a good bit though. Just think what would have happened if they had been shipped. That last pic, was that Lucky Ducks egg? If so the Roo's genes are showing strong in it. Lucky Duck has always been all the roos favorite for some reason. They must like her fluffy butt. lol

Yes, they are comical! I open the door to the hutch and make sure that they can't run straight out and fall, and then I call them. They come up and walk around my hands and let me pet them and pick them up. Hours of entertainment!

The pic at the end of my first set of pictures is one of LD's babies. They're almost completely yellow. The rest have the chipmunk stripes or the silkie feathered legs. They're all adorable! Only got two of LD's; I think the heat and humidity got to them worse because the eggs and chicks were larger. Only 25% of LD's hatched versus 74% of the blue eggs. I'm going to keep the camera handy to document the size of LD's babies versus the others'.
Loads more pics.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom