Chicks 1st Real Snow - Pics

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by countrygirl74, Dec 31, 2012.

1. countrygirl74

countrygirl74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012
    Northern Arizona
    Here are our babies that are now 11 weeks old. We have had a couple dustings but this was their first real snow experience. I took a little "point & shoot" camera out with me this morning to let them out. They usually RUN out of their coop - this morning I was laughing because they started to run then came to a dead stop, blocking the doorway. One or two at a time, they took a couple steps out the door, then turned around and headed back in, sometimes rudely stepping on the head of the next chicken in line to go out. I put the photos in succession so you could see how comical it was to see their faces, then their butts. I had to open the door and physically get them out and put them in the dirt under their house. They ate and drank and then went back in to get warm.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Awe they are so cute. :) my chickens hate the snow.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] That black silkie is like 'no way, ain't gonna happen'.

4. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    [​IMG]True! XD

5. countrygirl74

countrygirl74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012
    Northern Arizona
    Yep! That was definitely the funniest moment - he/she (don't know sex yet) was tearing out of there and I've never seen a chicken put on the brakes so quickly. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by