Chicks 3 days in the mail?

sphillips

Songster
6 Years
Feb 18, 2013
New Mexico
My chicks shipped yesterday, I actually have a tracking number for the package, and the site says estimated delivery by 4/20. They got to El Paso TX this morning, which is about 90 miles from us. Is it possible that it would take them two more days to get to me? Or is the estimated delivery date just telling me 'at the latest'? I was hoping they'd make it in two days, but if it does take three, will they still be okay?

My chicks shipped yesterday, I actually have a tracking number for the package, and the site says estimated delivery by 4/20. They got to El Paso TX this morning, which is about 90 miles from us. Is it possible that it would take them two more days to get to me? Or is the estimated delivery date just telling me 'at the latest'? I was hoping they'd make it in two days, but if it does take three, will they still be okay?

Yeah they should be fine. Mine took three days when i got them. hatch day, then they started shipping then i got them like two days after hatch. They were fine. Pends on the weather. As long as it doesn't drop to be too cold for them

Well, about 15 minutes after I posted, the post office called to say my chicks were here! They all arrived happy, seemingly healthy, thirsty, and hungry! I was going to brood them in the barn, but the temps have dropped by about 30 degrees to almost freezing at night this week with high winds. So, last minute scramble, and here they are in a dog kennel in my office! Lol, I was extremely surprised that my husband let me do this! I have one this morning that is a bit listless, but gave her some boiled egg dissolved in water with a bit of sugar. Will see if she perks up. The rest got electrolytes, and water when they arrived, switched to regular water with ACV this morning. Had two with pasty butt this morning, will keep an eye on them. So far they seem to be doing well.

Back
Top Bottom