1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicks a hatching UPDATE Pics added page 1

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BamaChicken, Sep 28, 2008.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    My hatch started late Friday nite. They are still pipping and popping out. They should be done by tonite. Guess what? I have not opened the Bator. No not once. I have Orps and silkies in there. Will take pics when done

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I'll be waiting to see them!

I have had guineas hatching all weekend.

3. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    Congrats! [​IMG] That's wonderful! [​IMG]
    What colors do you have in there? Rooting for a 100% hatch. Silkie fluffybutts are the cutest thing alive & yours are particularly nice [​IMG]

4. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    I just have white silkies in this batch. I have black Orps out of my black pen and I had a few Blue Boy eggs that were growing. I hope they hatched. I can't tell that much looking through two small foggy windows except i do see a few white silkies and lots of black. I think i see a blue chick but I will able to see colors better when I open it. There are still some zipping away right now. I had 23 eggs in there total I think

5. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    That's great! Keep as updated as to how many hatch. I'm such a fan of your birds- I'd love to come visit [​IMG]

6. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Still haven't opened the bator. I can see three eggs that haven't hatched yet and one i can see pipping. Can't tell on the ohers cause everytime i shine the light the chicks run to it and cover the eggs. A few have fluffed. I see one Orp with a few egg shells stuck to his back. Probably won't take them out tonite. Will be morining at this point.

7. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Sorry, I updated but it didn't move to the top.

8. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!![​IMG] I love the little one drinking with it's little face looking up to the sky.

9. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    What is that pretty red one??? [​IMG]

Krista

10. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:Looks like a RIR(rhode island red) to me! [​IMG]
    Theya re all adorable! [​IMG]