Chicks about to hatch!!! yayyyyyyyy! **UPDATE #2**** DUE DAY TODAY

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Skitz, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    I have 3 pips so far! Since yesterday night one of my hen eggs has been peeping a lot! he is trying to pip but he can't! the whole eggs moves when he tries! I remember I was trying to crack one of her eggs to eat it and the shell was REALLY hard! I now can imagine why the poor thing can't pip! also I have the humidity going to 59%-61% is that good? or do I still need to add more water?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
  2. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Can't wait for mine to hatch!!!!

3. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    Not sure about the humidity, I've kept mine about where your's is for the last hatch I had...Hopefully someone more qualified can answer

4. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    [​IMG] I can't wait to see pics!! Congrats!! [​IMG]

5. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    1 is zipping!!!! I have bad news [​IMG] We had a power outage for an hour!!!!!!! I covered the bator and it stayed at 92 all the hour. the humidity raised up to 73% and this is the worst news, my little brother went besides the bator and opened a little window and it fell and it cracked an egg!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] It is now bleeding is just a crack, its on the air sac. Im scared that he will die! [​IMG] I have now everything controled, I have the temp. at 97 and the humidity at 64% I hope he makes it [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    #1 HATCHED!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Will post pics as soon as I can [​IMG]

7. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    [​IMG] Yippee! Congrats! Good luck with the rest of your hatch!

8. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    I woke up and saw 5 baby chicks!!!!!! I saw one chick that hatched early! he hasn't absorbed very good the yolk! I think he is not going to make it, it looks pretty bad [​IMG] [​IMG] the one that my brother hit is hatching but it looks kinda bloody! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] and the rest haven't done nothing. #1 is picking on everyone!!! [​IMG] hope he doesn't kill them![​IMG] I have 4 more pips! (including the bloody one) [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
  9. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Yeah! Come on babies go....go....go!

10. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    11 hatched! and I have one that piped a long time ago and is still trying to hatch. When he piped I thought he was dead so I removed the shell where the he had made the pip and there he was! he was breathing and chirping. Also I saw some blood vessels but very tiny like they were drying up. So I didn't intervene because there were still blood vessels. Tomorrow night if he doesn't crack more the shell or haven't made any progress I will go and help him. If he makes a crack I will leave him until he gives up. Pics coming soon =]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by