chicks all gon

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by philandolivia, Jun 17, 2011.

1. philandolivia

philandolivia Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2011
    Co. Durham, UK
    ok im so gutted i went up thismorning to let the chicks out of there shed for the day but when i opend the hatch non came out so i opend the lid to see what he crack is to find a hole on the other side comeing under the floor so the bloody fox has been in and taken them all [​IMG] [​IMG]. so whats the best way to catch a fox people?

2. chickmama320

chickmama320 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    Back Swamp NC
    I don't know how to help you... haven't had to deal with that, just wanted to say that I am so sorry!!

3. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
  4. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    OH [​IMG] I am so very sorry! I think you can get predator pee that would detour them.... bear I think? I'm not 100% on what type is best. Some places you can trap them or hire someone who is liscensed but watch the laws [​IMG] So sorry!

5. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

I think I have been really lucky. I have a red fox that goes by my house nearly every day, within 50 feet of my chicken pen. Every day when I go out to feed the chickens, I am half expecting some or all to be fox food. I am really sorry he got yours.

6. Yonaton

Yonaton Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2007
    West TN
    Just fix the way it got in and make sure the rest of the coop is fox-proof also. No need to do any harm to the fox for trying to survive...just as you are. You're supposed to be smarter than the fox, so fix it so the fox simply can't get to the chicks/chickens.

7. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    You cannot remove all predators. When one is gone another will take its place. The best bet is to do all you can to make your pen predator proof.
    sharon

8. philandolivia

May 26, 2011
    Co. Durham, UK
    thanks for all the sorry messages this fox here can get in to anything theres lads that have there pens like fort noxs but the dam thing still gets in. its very brainy neally all use up the alotment have fox traps set but its not daft and no one has cought it. now its got me afte it to, we will get it one day i'll sit there all night if i have to. the worst thing our country ever did was to stop fox hunting. cheers all again

Phil

9. philandolivia

May 26, 2011
    Co. Durham, UK
    Quote:thank you for the video i will try this.
    cheers

phil

10. Yonaton

Yonaton Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2007
    West TN
    Quote:
    Do's
    * Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by