Chicks (almost any breed, orps. pref.) wanted in E. NC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by jc12551, Jan 12, 2008.

1. jc12551

jc12551 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    S.W. TN
    I have the chicken fever. I wish I had known you could catch it from this site!

We are looking to have 3-5 pullets for our small back yard. I prefer Faverolles or Orpingtons, my son wants Silkies. He wants to try showing chickens and I want some eggs. If anyone in Eastern NC has some chicks of any calm breed that fits my needs (possible to show, good layers, can be kept up in a run during work hours) please let me know. I can't order 25 of something from a hatchery and I would rather deal with a more local person anyway. I will drive a reasonable distance from Edenton to come get them for a reasonable price.

2. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    alot of people from nc on here maybe some one will help ya.if not you can order the number of chicks you want but still have to pay the price of 25 .

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    if know one has them meyer hatchery sells chicks with a minimum of only three.

Good Luck

Henry

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
  5. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Email me at [email protected]
    I know where you can find some relatively close to you and if you think you have "the fever" now is bad... wait'll I tell you what's close enough to you to go!! [​IMG]

Stacy

6. jc12551

Jan 8, 2008
    S.W. TN
    Thanks for the info on Meyer's. It is still very expensive for 6 babies. We are on such a tight budget this year, my hubby has been out of work some and the car business has really slowed down. When you live on a commission check, you never know if you are going to buy groceries. My husband looked at prices on Meyer's and started to kill my dream. But I told him it was another baby or chickens. So we are back on track with chickens;)

hazelton farms:
    I e-mailed you from my hotmail.

I would like to link up with somebody local for a little refresher primer on chicken raising. I have been off the farm for 12 years now and keep pestering my mom with questions. She ordered 25 pullets last year and got delivered 25 roos. I think she still has chick in the freezer.

JC

7. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Ack! I hope she contacted the hatchery and had them fix that right away!
    PS. If you don't find any where I told ya about, then contact me again and I'll hook you up when mine start laying and I start hatching.

8. beechtreeacres

beechtreeacres New Egg

Jan 7, 2008
    Hi! I have chicks. I have an incubator full, also. My son took 16 chickens to the state fair and we came home with 11 blue ribbons. Our chickens are healthy and gentle. We handle them daily. We have lots of different breeds.

9. jc12551

Jan 8, 2008
    S.W. TN
    Hazelton-I can't go to the sale on a Saturday. Do they ever do any other days?

Beechtree-where are you located?

10. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Nope..only on Sat.'s But Sharon and Steve (over in Chocowinity) do have a really nice set up and some beautiful birds if you get over there to check 'em out. I have a few too and like I said, if you don't end up finding what you want... when I start to hatch..I've got some orps. and I can give you a few chicks from 'em. I'll just throw in extra eggs when I know you'll be ready. But check out what Sharon and Steve have first (SandSPoultry). They may have something that turns your eye!! [​IMG]
    Stacy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by