Chicks and Blue Orpingtons FL

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SunChick, Jun 17, 2007.

1. SunChick

SunChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    [​IMG] I have new hatchlings! RIRxCochin $2 each (7 available) or make offer on all 7. [​IMG]

Blue Orpington Pair 4 wk old. $12 for BYC members....I do have another pullet to make this a trio....and might be persuaded for a good offer/trade. These are standards.

No shipping on these babies.

2. kybukabu

kybukabu Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2007
    Stateline NC-VA
    Do you mean a breeding pair? I'd love to find two or three more Orpingtons, and blue is a cool color, but we need hens, not a rooster.

Does "no shipping" mean you would prefer not to ship them? I'm in North Carolina. And what are "standards"?

I'm new can you tell? We have an Orpington and a Silkie, and a hen house awaiting more roomates.

Thanks!

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I hope SunChick doesn't mind me butting in here. Yes, she means a breeding pair with a cockerel and pullet. And standards mean full(large) size, not bantam chickens. She'll have to answer for herself on the shipping.

4. SunChick

SunChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Don't mind at all SpeckledHen! You are like the spokes-chick on Blue Orpingtons.

I won't ship the birds. I am not comfortable doing that, not to mention the paperwork. Maybe in a year or two when I have had more time to research the whole shipping thing.

Now if I road-trip to NC in the future...stopping and bringing them up is a possibility, but I dont' see that happening anytime soon.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  5. Poultryisgood

Poultryisgood Cooped Up

Jun 15, 2007
    how about Bennington Vermont?

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

SunChick, you flatter me! There are others who have been breeding the Blue Orpingtons longer than I. I'm just getting started. I guess I'm just the only one who takes thousands of pictures of mine, LOL.

7. angelambg

angelambg New Egg

Apr 23, 2007
    Myakka City, FL
    Hi SunChick,

I am in Myakka City, Florida and my husband and I want to start a flock. We are interested in the Orpingtons and Rhode Island Reds.

Are your Orpingtons still available?

I don't know much about the Cochins. We are planting a vineyard and want some large birds to help keep the grubs and bugs down as well as supplying eggs. We want pets, not animals to eat. A nice temprament would be good.

Any suggestions on breeds?

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by