Chicks and bunnies together!

sgoreco

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2017
Littleton, CO
Hi All,
I have 3 almost 7 week old chicks who are spending time outside during the days in their coop and their little run area I have for them. I have the bunny hutch right next to them and both animals are running in and out of each other's little homes. It is quite cute! The bunnies, however, have taken a liking to the nesting box area. The chicks not so much. I am wondering if i need to worry about letting the bunnies go up there. I would not do this if the chicks were laying age, but is it risky now? Am wondering if the chicks might not take to it ever if it has bunny scent?

thanks!

I would search "would a rabbit kill a chicken," on this forum and via google. Sounds stupid I know, but it's not all the uncommon. I imagine a bunny on chicken crime scene would be less cute than the current frolicking they're doing. I'm sure there are just as many people who allow rabbits to roam with their chickens than those who don't and have never had a horror story to tell. Like everything with keeping chickens, it's what you're willing to try (and what you're comfortable losing in a worst case scenario).

oh goodness...I had not thought of this. I will search it. So far there is no animosity towards each other at all, but let me research! thanks!

Back
Top Bottom