Chicks and cracked corn

mbrem

Hatching
Mar 6, 2016
My husband was trying to help me out this morning, so took care of our 6 week old chicks for me. The problem is, he fed them nothing but cracked corn. It was mixed with grit, but they had eaten almost all of it, by the time I looked in to check on them this afternoon. They're all acting fine, if not tired from their time outside today, but I want to be sure there's nothing in particular I shouldn't be watching them for. There's also 2 ducklings in there, so anything to worry about with them, too.

welcome-byc.gif

They'll be fine
smile.png

At six weeks, they're plenty old enough to eat cracked corn. If it was not mixed with grit I would advise to toss some in there, but sounds like you've got that covered. They probably thought it was quite a treat! Just go back to the regular feed, hug your honey for helping out and enjoy your birds.

:welcome

They'll be fine :)

At six weeks, they're plenty old enough to eat cracked corn. If it was not mixed with grit I would advise to toss some in there, but sounds like you've got that covered. They probably thought it was quite a treat! Just go back to the regular feed, hug your honey for helping out and enjoy your birds. 

OK, phew! He was already thanked profusely, because I needed the rest badly. I secretly came on here to make sure we were OK. He'd feel awful if anything happened, so I wanted to head off anything I could.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom