Chicks, and ducks, and geese.........

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by jenlynn4, Jan 17, 2010.

1. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    As well as piggies and there owner are all anxiously waititng for spring! My animals are all wanting to get out and get some fresh air. The piggies are all cooped up and the ducks too. I cant wait for spring! The pigs have never been outside! We got them as babies in the fall and they were to small. Now that there bigger its way to cold to let them out. We still need to build them there own house too. I really hope we get baby piggies and ducks this spring. I cant wait!

Check out my new website for pics of my animals! (link to the left)

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I hear it may be a while until warmer spring weather will be here. Its a really cold one this year, even down here where I live. But, I like it for a change. [​IMG]

3. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i can't wait till spring either. i will have baby duckies for the first time in my life (except when my babies were babies... okay so i will have hatching babies) i hate rain and cold weather. i am miserable, but i also don't want them to go outside lol. i'd rather they stay in with meeee lol

everyone says they are having a cold winter. it was about 80 degrees on christmas in so-cal. i could have had a pool party for my birthday (yesterday) like i have always wanted to. it is raining now, but it was pretty warm for the most part!!! never would i think i'd walk around in shorts and a tank top in november and i did this "winter"

4. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I'm ready for spring and so are the critters. We had a heat wave (40 degrees) the past two days. The snow pack is still pretty thick though. We let the mini horse and goat out yesterday and today. The goat was unimpressed and stayed in the run in. The mini kept himself busy digging in the snow. He did some rolling too to get the winter barn dust off.
    One of the pots even ventured out to poop in his favorite spot. When I first noticed the tracks in the snow I thought it was from a deer running through, but when I got to the end there was the pot poop...lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by