Chicks and dust! Arghhhhh!

darbella

Songster
11 Years
Nov 2, 2008
New Hampshire
OK all you veteran and maybe even newbie chick raisers, here is a question...How the heck can I keep the dust down. I keep my chicks in my art studio in assorted brooders, depending on how many chicks are in each size. I just cannot believe the amont of dust these little pom poms are making. Is it from the mash, the shavings or a combo of both? Any suggestions other than shrink wrapping the whole kit and caboodle? (just kidding), but there mus be a way to keep it down. I clean the brooders every other day unless they spill the water and the shavings get damp. I am getting so fristrated cause I love raising the babies, but at the same time, I have not been able to work in my art studio and that is how I was making some money even in this poor economy. Any help would be appreciated. Please note that I cant afford to go out and buy any more materials as I am all spent out at the moment!

I use wood pellets - much, much less dust.

I've also heard of placing air filters (like you'd buy for your furnace) over the brooder to reduce the dust.

My favorite method - move them outside.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom