Chicks and pics coming soon! :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CowgirlMama, Apr 1, 2011.

1. CowgirlMama

CowgirlMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Baker City, Oregon
    I am SO excited!! I am getting 30 chicks next Wednesday!! 10 Black Australorps, 10 Barred Plymouth Rocks, 5 New Hampshire Reds and 5 Golden Sexlinks... if I feel adventurous after I get these, I'm contemplating getting 5 Delawares too!! I will post pics as soon as I can!!! [​IMG] This is going to be a great adventure!!! [​IMG]

2. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Congratulations!!!! I'm getting my new flock of 43 on May 4th to add to my 35 chickens and chicks (2) already!!!!! We'll just have to wait and look at our computer and wonder, "Darn! I should've gotten this one too along with the other 200 chicks I added! Oh well...." lol [​IMG]

3. CowgirlMama

Feb 23, 2011
    Baker City, Oregon
    My chickies are home... Ended up with 10 Black Australorp (SR), 10 Barred Rock (5 ea), 5 New Hampshire Reds (2 Cockerels, 3 Pullets), 5 Golden Sex Links (3 Cockerals, 2 Pullets). However the hatchery sent a few extra of the NHR and Sex Link cockerels, so I came home with them as well! I think in all I have 35 chicks! [​IMG] And thinking about getting more! [​IMG] I'll post pics as soon as I get my camera back! [​IMG]

4. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    Gamma approves of your breed choices. Especially the Sex Links

[​IMG]

5. CowgirlMama

Feb 23, 2011
    Baker City, Oregon
    Thanks Gamma! I'm thinking of ordering a few Delaware chicks as well... everyone's right... this IS addicting!! Oh, and I think I have DH talked into keeping a couple roos...! [​IMG]

Here is a picture of my brooder- its an old stock tank that my brothers used for a brooder. I lined the bottom with cardboard (to protect tiny feet from sharp edges- there are a few rusted out places) then DH decided to line the entire thing with ag bag... I was just gonna do the bottom... but this will keep the heat in better... 'specially considering its supposed to get cold at night here for the next few nights... I'll post pics of the little ones soon! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by