chicks and thunder

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickenbythesea, Jun 18, 2011.

1. chickenbythesea

chickenbythesea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Nova Scotia
    we're getting ready to move the chicks to the coop. I was going to do it today but its calling for thunder and lightning tomorrow: will this scare them to death? thanks... I really want the mess out of my house.

2. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    My chicks are unaffected by the noise of thunder. However, dogs are deathly afraid of the noise.

3. chickenbythesea

chickenbythesea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Nova Scotia
    yes, my shep/husky mix hates the thunder but more so the wind! We live by the ocean and on a hill so we get lots of strong wind and he hates hearing it whistle... starts pacing etc. Just want to make sure that the chickens don't all die of a heart attack if I put them out in the coop. I love the little darlings but my basement is a mess.

4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I wish I was near the ocean! I'm thousands of miles away! Okay, maybe 2 thousand miles.lol I love mine in the coop. I have two small flocks 3 months and under in age. It went well transferring them. My basement is pine chip free. [​IMG]. My youngest 2 were 4 weeks old with the switch. I had the heat lamp for maybe 2 days, then the weather was warm enough. The chicks are pretty happy to have the bigger space.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by