Chicks are 11 weeks now!! Can you help us determine breeds?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hennypennyme, Nov 2, 2014.

1. hennypennyme

hennypennyme Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2014
    So I posted a two months ago asking about the breeds of my chicks. I was given a few guesses but most people told me it'd be best to wait till they were older. Well now they're 11 weeks so I'm hoping someone can tell me. Through researching I've figured out what most the breeds are. But there is still four chickens I have no clue what they are! Any input is welcome! :)

[​IMG] I have two of these that look exactly alike. They're so friendly to the point of being annoying. They probably almost get stepped on at least once a day from being underfoot.

[​IMG] I love love love this gem! She's so sweet and loves to be held.

[​IMG] I like this one too. She didn't really seem friendly until the last couple days. Now she follows me everywhere!

If anyone has a clue let me know!! Thanks so much!!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

Are they from a hatchery or breeder? Honestly, they all look like mixed breeds to me. The first bird could be a red sex link, but those dark legs aren't usually seen on hatchery stock. The second bird could be a black sex link, but again it just doesn't have the look of a hatchery bird.

They're a very cute flock, and the good news is they're all female. Looks like they'll all be good layers of nice brown eggs for you.

3. hennypennyme

Sep 1, 2014
    Thanks so much! They are hatchery. They came from Ideal poultry. I'm so happy to hear they're pullets! My dad didn't want roosters due to the noise factor. Thanks again! Let me know if anyone else knows.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  4. TaraBellaBirds

TaraBellaBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2013
    SW Kansas
    I think you might have a trio of EE's! THe truth will come when they lay eggs, EE's typically lay green (they can lay just about any color though)!

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Agreed.

6. hennypennyme

Sep 1, 2014
    Great! I read that EE' s have fluffy cheeks. These three don't. Did I read wrong? Or just misunderstand? Either way that's for the info!!!!

7. TaraBellaBirds

TaraBellaBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2013
    SW Kansas
    Yes that is a typical trait, but EE's can look like just about any breed! I have a couple of EE's without muffs or beards. The more true Ameraucana blood the more muff they typically have, and the bluer the eggs.

8. hennypennyme

Sep 1, 2014
    Oh wow. Good to know! Thanks so much!

9. hennypennyme

Sep 1, 2014
    Anyone else got any ideas?

10. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    If they're from a hatchery, clean faced EE seems to be the best bet. You'll know when they start laying. I can't see combs well enough to see if they're pea combs or not.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by