Chicks are 16 Days Old...

TammyRoesch

Songster
Jun 2, 2022
Kingsville, OH 44048
The only thing I've been feeding them is the Chick Starter and Chick Grit and once a day I give them scrambled eggs. At what point can I start to introduce kitchen scraps and other food?

IMG_5938.jpeg

off the top of my head--dried/raw beans, avocado, potato peels, raw eggplant and rhubarb. Limit fats and sodium and dairy. There is a list on the site somewhere, I will do some digging.

No avocado? Oops.

Why no avocados? We give ours the avo skins after scooping out the goodness for ourselves, and the chickens love love love the little bit we miss.

Also, we give ours leftover potato bits.
:idunno not sure to be honest, just something I have seem to see mentioned here as a 'no-no' but if they are doing fine with them I guess then maybe they are ok?

:idunno not sure to be honest, just something I have seem to see mentioned here as a 'no-no' but if they are doing fine with them I guess then maybe they are ok?
Lots of BYCers don't give fats or oils to their charges. Avos are high in oil, which is why I love them. I can eat 5-6 fur lunch with just a healthy douse of Tabasco Sweet and Spicy hot sauce per bite.

Back
Top Bottom