Chicks are all/mostly feathered... now what are they?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by GallusGal, May 16, 2011.

1. GallusGal

GallusGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Alabama
    I was wondering if I could get some ideas on what breeds/mixes these babies might be, as well as any stabs at the sex of each. I do know that Dromaius is a rooster, as he's been crowing up a storm [​IMG] These are NOT the same age; Dromaius and Eudyptes are early March babies, Primula and Eglantine are late March babies.

[​IMG]
    Primula Brandycluck - Not 100% feathered in yet, also very much larger than my other baby.

[​IMG]
    Eglantine Chook - Really tiny, possibly a bit stunted from a bad infection that put her off feed for a while?

[​IMG]
    Dromaius

[​IMG]
    Eudyptes

And even though we all know the breed on this one, any thoughts on sex or is it too young? (This is an April baby)

[​IMG]
    Bombyx

2. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    1) I believe she is a pullet. She has the female body shape and hen coloration for Silver Duckwing. What type of comb does she have?
    2) Thinking Mille Fleur D'uccle pullet
    3) Partridge Cochin Rooster
    4) Black Rosecomb pullet. Has a hen tail/body. Bit red in the face, but they mature rather fast.
    5) To young

3. Barrdwing

Barrdwing Chillin' With My Peeps

Primula and Eglantine look like pullets, I'm not so sure about Eudyptes (lots of color on that comb), and I couldn't say about Bombyx (I have trouble telling Silky genders when they're young). Eglantine looks like a millefleur Belgian Bearded, Dromaius might be a partridge Cochin. Primula looks a little like the silver Phoenix chicks we raised, but since their color is silver duckwing and there are other breeds out there with the same coloring, I'm hesitant to call her. Eudyptes looks like a bantam, is rose-combed, and has dark shanks; my first thought is Black Rosecomb.

Cute kids! And some of the best names on the block, too! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by