Chicks are coming!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Fisherlmiranda, May 19, 2019.

1. Fisherlmiranda

Fisherlmiranda Songster

Feb 25, 2018
    Morrow, Ohio
    Hello all! I've been a member of byc for over a year now I believe. But never ventured past the duck pages. I've had ducks for a few years now, I manly raise Welsh harlequins. And this year on out homestead we decided to incorporate a mobile chicken coop in the cow pasture! They are shipping out to us this week! We are building a justin Rhodes chickshaw style mobile coop. And will have 17-20 (the buff orpington are for my grandpa if he wants them) chickens. Heres what I ordered. I was going for a colorful egg basket. I'm excited to join the chicken people group lol 20190520_002354.jpg

2. LaurEliz

LaurEliz Songster

Apr 8, 2018
    Central Illinois
    My Coop
    That's so exciting! You'll love your Easter Eggers and Buff Orpingtons. They're the friendliest chickens I've ever had. :)

3. Callender Girl

Callender Girl Crowing

Sep 18, 2018
    North Central Iowa
    You should have a lovely egg basket!

I am raising my first Welsummer and Easter Egger chicks. So far, the EE's are pretty friendly, and the Welsummer is happy to eat what I offer, but otherwise doesn't seem to want to associate with me.

My Buff Orp, Honey, is my grand dame and is extremely people-oriented. If Grandpa doesn't want them, they will still make a wonderful addition to your flock.

Good luck on your foray into chicken raising!

4. Mybackyardpeepers

Mybackyardpeepers Crowing

Mar 22, 2019
    Michigan
    Good morning and welcome to the BYC flock!!! Best of luck on your new chicken adventure.

bantamsrmyfav and Fisherlmiranda like this.
  5. Fisherlmiranda

Fisherlmiranda Songster

Feb 25, 2018
    Morrow, Ohio
    Thanks all! I know I'll get lots of support here if I run into any problems, love BYC :wee:thumbsup

bantamsrmyfav likes this.
  6. Fisherlmiranda

Fisherlmiranda Songster

Feb 25, 2018
    Morrow, Ohio
    Thanks for sharing, I'm eggsited;) about the EE and the lake shore eggers! I also hope to maybe hatch out my own EE when my blue coppers mix with the legbar rooster!

bantamsrmyfav and Callender Girl like this.
  7. Fisherlmiranda

Fisherlmiranda Songster

Feb 25, 2018
    Morrow, Ohio
    Got the text and the email that they shipped, should arrive at the post in the morning!

Bethel_Alaska and bantamsrmyfav like this.
  8. littlebarngirl

littlebarngirl Songster

Apr 2, 2017
    Flower Mound, Texas
    So exciting!:frow

Fisherlmiranda and bantamsrmyfav like this.
  9. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Free Ranging

So exciting, congratulations! If a marans and a blue egg layer mix does that make them an olive egger? I'm thinking maybe not because the one breed is a blue egg layer rather than green so I can see why you are saying they will be EE.

Fisherlmiranda likes this.
  10. Fisherlmiranda

Fisherlmiranda Songster

Feb 25, 2018
    Morrow, Ohio
    I thought it was an EE but I just looked it up and your right. But, I can eventually breed EE after breeding olive Eggers 1st generation to olive Eggers second generation! Is what I understand from this. Screenshot_20190521-115822_Pinterest.jpg Screenshot_20190521-115953_Pinterest.jpg

Bethel_Alaska and bantamsrmyfav like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: