1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicks are driving me mad!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by thefours, Jun 1, 2017.

1. thefours

thefours Just Hatched

May 7, 2017
    UK
    I'm really stuck, I have 3 6 week old chicks I did have 4 but sadly had to have it put to sleep, now I have a chick who chirps really loud high pitched chirps mainly at night, the rest are fine but she really goes for it! She's eating and drinking and is perfectly happy outside, when I put her back in cage during the day she's fine but at night she'll chirp so loud but if I open cage and sit by it she'll go quiet! What am I doing wrong? How can I stop this as obviously she'll be outside permanently soon and don't think neighbours will like it! Thanks

2. barred2rock

barred2rock Chillin' With My Peeps

Usually when chicks chirp loudly they need or want something. May I ask why the one had to be put down? It my help with answering your question.

3. thefours

thefours Just Hatched

May 7, 2017
    UK
    She had an absess on her chest which grew and put strain on her, the vet said she was probably born with it

4. ChickenMammX4

ChickenMammX4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2015
    SW Ohio
    I presume the chicks are still inside your house. Darkening the room at night may help.

5. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Some Chicks condition their owners to come running every time they chirp....I think that's all that is happening...Silly Chick....

thefours likes this.
  6. thefours

thefours Just Hatched

May 7, 2017
    UK
    Yes there are still inside while we finish
    yes I think that is what is happening lol oh well hopefully tonight they'll be in their newly built coop tucked up safe so I won't be able to come running

barred2rock likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by