chicks are hatching ya

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by elloyd, Nov 27, 2010.

1. elloyd

elloyd Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2010
    cottage grove
    :weeeok [​IMG]:celebrate my chicks seem to be hatching i am new to this and dont really know what is going on about every 5 min we can here chirping but not one egg has piped that we can see is this normal

2. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    How exciting...you will have cute little fuzzy butts to play with over the weekend. It is totally normal to hear peeping...that can get quite frantic sounding at time...fight that urge and don`t open your incubator. You are almost there!

3. elloyd

Sep 24, 2010
    cottage grove
    thank u i did not know that it was normal for them to make noise while in the shell my 8 yearold daughter will not go to bed now all she wants to do is sit and watch the incubator

4. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I know how she feels My last egg has pipped and I have to keep getting up to check. I only had 4 eggs that was fertile and when this baby hatches it will be 100% hatch. Hardest thing to do is not help, but like everyone says dont touch the bator. They will make it out. sometimes it just takes awhile.

5. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

[​IMG] Congrats! [​IMG]

6. elloyd

Sep 24, 2010
    cottage grove
    i woke up this morning to one chick and one that had piped then about 15 mins ago it hatched i am so happy the little fuzzy buts are here now if some more would hatch i will be happy if not atleast 2 hatched the one egg that was moveing around lastnight in the incubator has not piped or hatched yet so i dont know what is going on:celebrate:celebrate:ya:clap

7. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    [​IMG] I'm SO happy for you!!! Still waiting on my lone egg....day 21, nothing AT ALL yet!

Congrats!! [​IMG]

8. rockinpaints

rockinpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Exciting! [​IMG] Good luck!

9. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Yeah!!! Congratulations...re: the egg that was moving and has stopped. This too is normal. It is lots of work getting positioned and ready to pip and hatch. It might just be resting for the final stretch. Did your daughter get to watch the hatch? It is such a fabulous experience for kids.

10. elloyd

Sep 24, 2010
    cottage grove
    she didnot get to see the first one because it hatched in the middle of the night but when we got up one had piped and all 3 of are little girls got to see that one hatch we still have 8 more to go and i really dont know how long to leave them in for some pwople say 3 days after the 21st day and some say try 5 i dont know what to do i know that i will have to take the 2 that have hatched out

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by