CHICKS ARE HERE!! NEED A LITTLE ADVICE please

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TarHeelBlue, Jan 28, 2011.

1. TarHeelBlue

TarHeelBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Yukon, Oklahoma
    [​IMG]I have 2 chicks so far [​IMG] - how long does it usually take them to dry off. they hatched during the night and here I am at work worried about them. There is another egg which pipped about the same time, but so far no other progress with that egg. if it hasn't progressed by the time I get home should i do anything??

2. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    [​IMG]

3. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    they will be fine. Most times I leave mine in the incubator 24 hours. as for the other give it some time. Some take longer than others. Ive had them take 24 hours to hatch from pip. Had a duck that almost 3 days.

4. TarHeelBlue

TarHeelBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Yukon, Oklahoma
    INKHEART - Are you saying just sit and drink my coffee and wait? LOL that's exactly what I am trying to do. Thanks for the reinforcement

5. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Quote:Exactl;y most things i have read say leave the chick in there 24 hours - it will be fine . It wil lbe all dry and fluffy when you get home

6. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Remember, it could take 24 hours after the pip to when the chick breaks out of it's shell. You are at the best place you can be.. Work! Chicks can stay in the bator 48-72 hours with out food and water.

~~~~Hatching Vibes~~~~~

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by