Chicks are here...Pics finally!

Spires6

Songster
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Ohio
Introducing our new Speckled Sussex chicks: Aidan, Maddie, Ranger and 25 more soon to have names!

8:00AM and the box has arrived!

All huddled up.

yuckyuck.gif
They are beautiful though.

Thanks! The chicks are in the brooder and they have settled in and their chirping has finally quieted down. Our turkey brooder is set up for Connor's turkeys that should come tomorrow. I noticed today our magnolia tree has big pink buds and the spring peepers are peeping in the cree tonight. Spring has sprung!

We're sad. One was dead in the brooder this morning. I have never had this happen before. They are inside in warm kitchen, brooder gets cleaned 3 times a day, fresh food and water, no pasty butts. Everyone looked good at bedtime last night. Now, on closer inspection, 2 other chicks appear weak. One was inside the feeder and the other was huddled next to it. I have isolated them and fed them sugar water. I have never lost chicks mysteriously like this before. The only thing I have done that is new is add Mareks vaccine because my son wants to show them for 4H and the local poultry judge recommended.
th.gif

debakadeb: I would pm you but I don't see that option with your name. I am having some trouble with my Mt. Healthy S.S. Chicks. Did you lose any?

Back
Top Bottom