Chicks are here...Pics finally!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Spires6, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Spires6

Spires6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Ohio
    Introducing our new Speckled Sussex chicks: Aidan, Maddie, Ranger and 25 more soon to have names!
    [​IMG]
    8:00AM and the box has arrived!
    [​IMG]
    All huddled up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Awwwww~! ! And the one in the bottom photo with the beautiful blue eyes?! That's no doubt gonna grow up to be a beautiful roo someday.

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] They are beautiful though.

4. Spires6

Mar 10, 2009
    Ohio
    Thanks! The chicks are in the brooder and they have settled in and their chirping has finally quieted down. Our turkey brooder is set up for Connor's turkeys that should come tomorrow. I noticed today our magnolia tree has big pink buds and the spring peepers are peeping in the cree tonight. Spring has sprung!

5. debakadeb

debakadeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    They look just like my speckled sussex! Did you get them from Mt. Healthy -- that is where mine came from.

6. Spires6

Mar 10, 2009
    Ohio
    Yes I did. How old are your S.S.?

7. debakadeb

debakadeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Mine are now 2 weeks old. We received them on the 15th so assume they were born on the 13th or 14th.

8. Spires6

Mar 10, 2009
    Ohio
    We're sad. One was dead in the brooder this morning. I have never had this happen before. They are inside in warm kitchen, brooder gets cleaned 3 times a day, fresh food and water, no pasty butts. Everyone looked good at bedtime last night. Now, on closer inspection, 2 other chicks appear weak. One was inside the feeder and the other was huddled next to it. I have isolated them and fed them sugar water. I have never lost chicks mysteriously like this before. The only thing I have done that is new is add Mareks vaccine because my son wants to show them for 4H and the local poultry judge recommended. [​IMG]

9. NJbirdlover

NJbirdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Salem County, NJ
    Very Cute!

10. Spires6

Mar 10, 2009
    Ohio
    debakadeb: I would pm you but I don't see that option with your name. I am having some trouble with my Mt. Healthy S.S. Chicks. Did you lose any?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by