Chicks are here!!!! Pics!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CoffeeCow, May 26, 2010.

1. CoffeeCow

CoffeeCow Songster

Apr 29, 2010
    Washington, NC
    After waiting for what seems like forever, I got a call this morning at 7:30 from the post office!! (I could hear my chicks peeping in the background!) They offered to deliver them before noon, or I could come pick them up... Well that was a no-brainer [​IMG] So, I scoop up the kid put him in the car seat and away we go! I couldn't wait till we got home to open them up, so I cut into the box and got my first glimpse of them, they are so cute!

They have just gotten to their new home, and the flash on the camera kinda freaked them out a little bit, and you really cant see very well with no flash. (red heat lamps) so the pics are a bit limited for now. I will post more when they get settled in.

I am a bit concerned that we didn't get exactly what we ordered though. from what I have seen on here, EE's are all chipmunk colored. I ordered 6 ee's (5 pullets and a cockrel) but only 4 of them are chipmunk colored. I don't care really, as long as they are happy [​IMG]

We will have a Guess the breed game later hehe I am supposed to have the following;

6 EE's (one being a cockrel)
    2 Buff Orpingtons
    2 Delawares

I doubt you will be able to pick out any breeds from the pics,... well, the EE's are easy [​IMG]

On to the pics! *** EDIT *** More pics further down the page, I just cant help it, they are so darn cute! hehe ***

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]:weee

Last edited: May 26, 2010

2. St-Hubert

St-Hubert Chicken Convert

Apr 6, 2010
    Anniston, AL
    They are indeed adorable! Cuteness overload....I think that's what makes us want more and more of them. [​IMG]

3. georgialee

georgialee Songster

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    awwwww! cute!

4. CoffeeCow

CoffeeCow Songster

Apr 29, 2010
    Washington, NC
    My son and I (mostly me, son is only 2) just cant stop watching them! they are so funny [​IMG] they are very active and seem to be overjoyed to be out of that tiny little box. all of them are eating and drinking. I checked all of them for the pasty butt, all clear so far.
    they are so soft!
    I don't think I have been this happy since i was a boy hehe

5. suzyq53511

suzyq53511 Drowning in Chickens!

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    So cute!!!! I have an order from ideal coming today!!! I can't wait. My chicks from MPC are doing really well!

6. CoffeeCow

CoffeeCow Songster

Apr 29, 2010
    Washington, NC
    these are from MPC,
    They are very curious about me, I put my hand in the brooder and they all come up to check me out. 2 of the ee's even jumped in my hand and let me play with them already [​IMG]

Sorry for all the posts, but I am just thrilled with the little puff balls hehe

7. suzyq53511

suzyq53511 Drowning in Chickens!

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    I had an order from MPC come yesterday. How do your Delawares look?

8. Very cute! I have some chicks (layers) that are supposed to come today, but they werent on the morning truck and its supposed to be around 95 today, yesterday it was around 88. I have a feeling they will be baked. [​IMG]

9. CoffeeCow

CoffeeCow Songster

Apr 29, 2010
    Washington, NC
    Quote:Well, I can't really tell them apart yet, but here are some more pics for you [​IMG]
    I have 6 of them that are yellow, and 4 with chipmunk markings... remember, supposed to have 6 ee's, 2 Delawares, and 2 buff orpingtons.

This is an ee, she tried to get in all the pictures [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is one of the yellow ones, I don't know if its a Buff Orpington, or a Delaware.. but she sure liked chasing the strap on the camera [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another mystery chick. she really wanted to know what that camera thingie was.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  10. shellybean40

shellybean40 Songster

Apr 15, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    I so agree with the cuteness overload!! LOVE baby chicks!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by