Chicks are here, the chicks are here!!

keystonepaul

Songster
11 Years
May 14, 2008
Pocono
Came home from work today which begins day 20 -2 marans chicks had entered the world, another came about an hour later, at least one more is pippin away which I believe is a Pendesenca if I arranged them correctly when i took them outta the turner and put them in the egg cartons and back to the bator to hatch. Can't pry my wife away from "chick tv" my 5 year old and here are dueling head upon head for the best spot to look in. I'm just sittin back breathing a bit easier. Breath in, breath out. Yeah chicks. Keystonepaul

Congratulations!
jumpy.gif

That is wonderful!! Send us some pics if you get a chance. Oh What Fun it is~~don't bump your heads on each other too much!
jumpy.gif

BTW I can incubate my eggs well, but my hatching rate is so low~~what are your "methods??" (I've got a lot to learn!!)
D.gif

were up to 5 chicks- 4 Marans and 1 Pendesenca. Day 21 begins at 7pm tonight. Come on Welsummers hatch, hatch, hatch. Keystonepaul

Were your Pendenseca eggs hard to candle? I think I have two of them left and think one is clear but the other one has potential. I set mine on 6/7 at about 6:30pm so tonight would start day 21 for me also.

they were. I have Marans, Pendesencas, and Welsummers eggsso they were all dark. never saw veins, was able to tell the clear ones from those that had developed something and able to see air sacs at day 14 or so. Before that nothing really though I decided to wait after day 7 till day 14. Still have 20 entering day 21 which begins now- about 5 or 6 I wasn't sure developed fully when I candled around day 14 or so, but let them stay, erring on the right side of things I figure. So we'll see. Boy does humidity and temperature and pretty much control go out the window when hatching is happening. Holy Moly. Keystonepaul

Back
Top Bottom