Chicks are in the coop today!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by paisleycj, May 1, 2008.

1. paisleycj

paisleycj Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2008
    Minnesota
    I'm so excited. We finally got the coop done enough to move the chicks into it. Thank goodness for family and friends, we sure wouldn't have been able to make this without them! [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    Wow what a nice looking shed/coop

p.s. I love your little corgi!

3. Portia

Portia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    Nice coop. Don't they look so small in their new big coop? I remember when I first put my girls in, and they had looked so big in their brooder!

4. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Nice coop and I too love your Corgi--He looks like he is saying "make him open the door"!

5. paisleycj

Apr 15, 2008
    Minnesota
    Both of my dogs really want to get up close and personal with the chicks. The corgi, Sunni, hadn't seen the chicks in the brooder. She's too short to see over the side!

6. stilwellchick

stilwellchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2007
    Stilwell, KS
    Nice looking coop. Are they Cornish chicks?

7. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    My oldest chicks spent their firrst night in the coop last night. It was rough on me but they love it. My next batch went from my bedroom to the garage. Cant wait for my eggs to hatch so I have more babies in my bedroom. I have a Corgi chow german sheperd. I'll have to post a pic of her. She looks like a giant rottweiler with its legs cut off.

8. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    You coop looks wonderful and your chicks look very happy! [​IMG]

9. paisleycj

Apr 15, 2008
    Minnesota
    [​IMG] the chicks are cornish roasters from MMH, and one 'exotic chick' that looks pretty interesting. In June we're getting 25 Partridge Rocks. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  10. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Mine spent their first night in their livable coop. Not quite done yet with it but it was good enough for them [​IMG]

I left 4 bantams in the house in the brooder. One being a rooster and he has granted us with his crowing abilities. He sounds like a boy going through his voice changing adolescence, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by