1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicks are moved to Coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by horseshowmomnv, Apr 20, 2012.

1. horseshowmomnv

horseshowmomnv Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Reno NV
    The 27 chicks arrived on the 26th of February, we have been working on this 10x8 coop for since. Finally all chicks are inside as of today. Have ALOT of "finish" work to do. So happy they are out of the garage... it will take weeks to clean all the dust, I think we will use the leaf blower, lol!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Should the chicks stay inside the coop for a period of time to get to know that it is their "safe" place?
    [​IMG]

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Congratulations! They do make a lot of dust once they get those feathers! [​IMG]The visual of using a leaf blower to clean the dust is hilarious!

I would recommend keeping the chicks closed in the coop for a couple days. I did this to my birds as well and I think it helps them to know where their "home" is.

3. horseshowmomnv

horseshowmomnv Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Reno NV
    I thought it would be best to keep them inside for a couple of days! Thanks for the affirmation!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by