1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicks are now 8 weeks old (I am hoping all girls)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gillianmomx5, Mar 31, 2009.

1. gillianmomx5

gillianmomx5 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    So, does anyone think they are all girls? None of them have particularly large combs. 6 are BR and 6 are RIR...anybody? The BR's all have black washed legs in different shades. Couldn't convince them to stand up and pose for the pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Curious Georgia
    [​IMG]

2. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    They actually do look like all hens but those aren't RIR's. They are some pretty birds though [​IMG]

3. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Love the pics. Can't wait til mine look like that.

4. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    They all look like pullets to me. Your RIRs don't look anything like mine - too many white feathers. Pretty clucks you have!

5. gillianmomx5

gillianmomx5 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    Okay if they aren't RIR's what are they? I bought them from the local feed store who said they were....Argh!

6. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    I am wondering what they are too. I drive by a farm everyday that has a whole yard full of hens that look just like yours. I have no idea. Very pretty though and definitely look like girls to me [​IMG]

7. msgenie516

msgenie516 The Happy Hen

May 16, 2008
    Nesconset, LI, NY
    Hi,

I have RIR's (at least I THINK they are RIR's) but they look nothing like yours. They don't have any of those beautiful white feathers. I don't know what yours could be but they are gorgeous!

Good luck! [​IMG] Genie

8. sturdyprairiegal

sturdyprairiegal Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2008
    I'd say they're Red Sex Links. I got one last year at the feed store, and she looks just like these... Sort of RIR with too much white. Mine lays medium brown eggs, very regularly, is my friendliest gal, and weathered the winter well.

9. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    We have girls that were supposed to be RIR's, and look alot like yours. I think mine are the kids of a sexlink mix.
    But, they are great!! very large brown eggs, and sweet dispositions. Not quite as friendly as my real sexlinks, but they are nice.

And while I am not a sexing eggspert, I think they all look like girls, also.

10. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    NorCal
    Yeah I'm pretty sure those are Red Sex Links. Great birds in either case.

Enjoy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by