Chicks arent drinking much...

Hunny

Songster
9 Years
Feb 22, 2010
Hey all,
3 week old (tomorrow) chicks arent drinking as much water as I expected.... how much do they really drink?

I have the "chick" waterer from TSC, I filled it yesterday morning with fresh warm water...and last night I checked they barely drank half of it...this morning when I checked it looked like they didnt drink anything overnight.

Do they not drink overnight? Or perhaps the waterer needs to be moved closer to the heat lamp to stay warmer...? IDK

Opinions? How much do your chickies drink?

**Hunny

I have four 2-week olds and use the mason jar waterer and I can hardly tell they drink anything in a day's time. I watch them, and they all do drink, but not as much as I would have expected either. I try to keep it clean with fresh water in it as they tend to drink more when I first put it in as they do later when there's a few "floaties".
wink.png

They generally will drink as much as they need. I would say that when they are that small, they don't drink a whole lot of water. They usually just mess with it, kick shavings into it and generally make a mess with it.

Just keep it fresh like you're doing and they should be good to go!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom