Chicks arrive oct 10

treebabys

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 24, 2014
Hi everybody, I am new to raising chickens. We just moved to a small Homestead of 5 acres. We are excited to start adding animals and our first choice was chickens.

We want them for eggs and for meat. For this reason I ordered 15 chicks of a mixed heavy breed. I am excited for them to come. We live right beside Mount Ranier and Mount Saint Helens in Washington. So if these volcanoes ever blow you might be able to come over some for some baked chicken. Actually I'm not sure how lava cooks chicken. I hope I never find out.
Megan

I think that is how people make "blackened" chicken but, I would think there wasn't any chicken. When I was a kid I read about the last days of Pompeii, ever since I have had a deep fear of volcanoes. People keep telling me the mid-west doesn't have any. But, I'm sure they can pop up over night

Welcome to BYC, yes keep an eye out for eruptions. My son lives in WA and he and a few friends climbed part way up Mt.Ranier, he said mainly it was slippery (I don't like ice either) - they took some spectacular photos.

Welcome to BYC, Megan. Glad you decided to join our flock. I've been all over Washington including the Mt. Ranier and Mt. St. Helens area and it is a beautiful state. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your chicks.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with your soon to be new flock, hope they all arrive safely (and uncooked)!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Ha!...You are too funny!!
lol.png

Enjoy this new adventure you are on! I hope your chicks arrive safely. Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Thanks everyone. I'm so excited. I'm getting a circular saw in the mail this week so I can build a chicken coop in my barn stall. Of course they won't go in there for a while. It's so fun to plan and design things like this

Back
Top Bottom