Chicks Arrived & Doin Good!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by quietlyscheming, Nov 11, 2011.

1. quietlyscheming

quietlyscheming Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2011
    Crosby, TX
    So my chicks arrived (ordered from Meyer's Hatchery ) on Nov 1 and they're doing good so far! I got the call from the post office and they had to leave them on the porch since I was driving the wife to the airport at the moment. Luckily for us a friend lived in the neighborhood five minutes away and brought them inside. She had to scare off a cat when she got there! Other than that, the girls are doing good.

[​IMG]

They're a little more than 1 week old now and are starting to grow in their feathers. My daughter, who's four years old, is in LOVE with her chickens. We're keeping them in our dog's old kennel in our bedroom right now. I've got an infrared heat bulb clamped to the outside and made a low roost out of scrap wood for them to get used to. They've gotten rather used to being handled and we're looking forward to giving treats soon.

[​IMG]

It never ceases to crack me up to see them on the roost, craning their necks to see outside the kennel. [​IMG]

Anyway, just thought I'd share my chicks with everyone so far. Thanks everyone for all the help!

2. bustermommy

bustermommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Congrats!

3. AZ_HenHouse

AZ_HenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2011
    [​IMG] aaawww so cute. Congrats.

4. CentinelJr

CentinelJr New Egg

Nov 12, 2011
    Nice Lookin chicks! Ares are in the same deal to...[​IMG]

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

6. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    How Exciting!! [​IMG]

85 degrees this week 80 degrees week 2 75 degrees week 3 and drop by 5 degrees until week 7 and they will be ready to go out and you will be ready for them to go out. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by